Security & Stress awareness and preparation
Living and working abroad requires staff members and employers to adopt safety and security measures, especially in volatile environments and fragile contexts. Managing stress and maintaining a life-work balance also play a crucial role in preventing hazards or minimising their consequences. This course provides you with the essential tools you need to develop security conscious behaviour, and to understand and manage stress and health issues. It also introduces legal aspects for organisations and individuals in crisis situations abroad (Swiss Abroad Act).
- Identify the main risks in the country you are travelling to
- Safety measures in daily life: choosing safe hotel rooms, residences and means of transportation
- Minimising the probability and consequences of security incidents
- Basic communication and negociation techniques when facing officials and weapon bearers
- Legal aspects of traveling and residing abroad, duty of care
- Reactions and behaviour when facing tense or potentially dangerous situations
- Ackowledging links between personal safety and stress management
- Applying simple stress management tools
Security is a state of (a cool) mind in a healthy body.
Professionals and their partners or spouses preparing for an assignment abroad in humanitarian action or development work; country managers and programme coordinators at headquarters preparing for short field visits; managers responsible for staff safety and security.
Theoretical inputs, individual and group exercises, exchanges of experiences and good practices among participants, role plays and individual reflection.
Martine Bourquin, Consultant cinfo
Heinrich Schneider, Consultant cinfo
Daniel Glinz, cinfo
Last registration date: 5 working days prior to the course start date.
|Start date||Title||Member price||Price|
|30.05.2017||Security & Stress awareness and preparation||CHF 600||CHF 850|
|27.06.2017||Security & Stress awareness and preparation||CHF 600||CHF 850|
|26.09.2017||Security & Stress awareness and preparation||CHF 600||CHF 850|
|02.11.2017||Security & Stress awareness and preparation||CHF 600||CHF 850|