Humanitarian Action provides emergency assistance in acute and deteriorating natural disasters and violent conflict. It is primarily concerned with the safety and protection of victims and creating basic, interim state and civil society structures. Humanitarian Action tends to work in the short-term and under time constraints. However, there is an increase in long-term engagements in chronic conflicts for the purpose of early identification of risk and prevention.
The following courses take place soon and might be of interest to you:
- Dialogue with communities
- Designing an Advocacy Strategy for Humanitarian Action
- Nutritional crisis: origins, consequences and interventions
- Media and Humanitarian Action: approaches and challenges
- Sexual Reproductive Health
- Negotiation in Humanitarian Settings
- Chronic diseases in Humanitarian Contexts
The Master of Advanced Studies in Humanitarian Logistics and Management (MASHLM) is a part-time executive program designed for humanitarian professionals who want to enrich their capacities and enhance their careers. MASHLM provides training in the key areas of supply chain management, process and project management, strategic management, and humanitarian action. Participants attend 6 blocks in an academic year in Lugano, Switzerland.
Read more and apply
by USI - Università della Svizzera italiana
- Health in Detention
- Internationale Zusammenarbeit und Globale Gesundheit (IZGG) [Ehemals Allgemeiner Tropenkurs (ATK)]
- Medical Priorities & Clinical Tropical Medicine in South East Asia
by Swiss TPH - Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute