Currently, we have the following open position at the World Bank Group.
WBGWorld Bank Group : Disaster Risk Management Analyst (JPOJunior Professional Officer ), Washington D.C.
This position is financed by SECOSwiss State Secretariat for Economic Cooperation .
- Masters' degree in engineering, climate and disaster risk management, geosciences, physics, spatial analysis, water resource management, urban planning, infrastructure, economics, social science, or related.
- At least 3 years, of working experience in climate and disaster risk management or related areas; a quantitative background could be an asset but is not required. WBG counts internships at 100% rate.
- Experience with Project management, program monitoring and evaluation systems, trust fund policies and procedures, grant application review processes, and programmatic reporting.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and applying innovative solutions, open-source tools and/or open data to disaster risk management and/or climate change problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with Government officials and technical staff and with DRM stakeholders. Understands the institutions and governance issues related to disaster risk management. It is desirable that the JPO knows how to engage with institutions, and how to assess their capacity. Among specific elements include: Institutional Assessment; Risk Reduction and Reconstruction Policy and Planning; International Cooperation; Legislative Framework; Institutional Capacity Building; Transparency and Accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality outputs while working under pressure and within tight time schedules
- Strong organizational, research, and oral presentation skills
- Proven ability to work in a team and intercultural environment, with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French.
- Willing to travel to remote areas in Africa.
- Swiss nationality
- Not older than 32 years at the date of the first round of interviews
- 2 year assignment (fixed-term contract)