Working with the United Nations and International Financial Institutions
Swiss ETH/HSG/LSE Alumni meet and network with UN & IFIInternational Financial Institution representatives
An event for Swiss ETH/HSG/LSE Alumni Swiss ETH/HSG/LSE Alumnae and Alumni Swiss ETH/HSG/LSE Alumnae and Alumni
December 11, Zürich Swiss ETH/HSG/LSE Alumnae and Alumni
Would you like to contribute to ending poverty and hunger, promote sustainable growth and peace, or step in to combat climate change and its implications?
Did you know that:
- Swiss staff is heavily underrepresented in many international development organisations such as UNICEFUnited Nations Children's Fund , the International Finance Corporation (IFCInternational Finance Corporation ) or UNDPUnited Nations Development Programme ?
- many of these actors are hiring more and more professionals from the private sector; and
- the Swiss Government and these organisations are greatly interested in increasing the number of Swiss nationals in these agencies?
This is your opportunity to…
- receive information on work and career opportunities in selected multilateral development organisations;
- meet and network with representatives of these organisations, including Swiss staff, the Swiss government and cinfo;
- become part of a pool of potential candidates supported by cinfo and the Swiss government and receive further information on how to apply and how to prepare for a job interview.
Swiss ETH/HSG/LSE Alumni with...
- at least 5 years' professional experience;
- experience in an international context;
- interest and strong motivation to work in a multilateral organization;
- potential availability to work in hardship / non-family duty stations.
- Swiss staff is heavily underrepresented in many multilateral development organizations – this has to change!
- These organizations are hiring more and more professionals from the private sector – perhaps you will be one of them?
- The Swiss Government as well as these organizations are greatly interested in strengthening the number of Swiss staff – seize the opportunity!
Register by clicking on the corresponding link:
UNICEF: Eva Mennel, HR Director - Eva Mennel was appointed Director of UNICEFUnited Nations Children's Fund ’s Division of Human Resources in 2015. Prior to that, she had been serving as Director, HR Client Services, of the World Bank Group in Washington, D.C. Before joining the World Bank Group, she spent 13 years with Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS) in Zurich, Switzerland.
UNDP: David Bearfield, HR Director - David Bearfield (Sweden and UK) is Director of Human Resources at UNDPUnited Nations Development Programme . He previously served as Director of the European Personnel Selection Office and held many positions within the European Commission and the UK Permanent Representation to the EU. Areas of expertise include the improvement and modernisation of complex, large-scale systems, processes, and procedures in HR.
AIIB: Scott Fitzgerald, Head of Talent Acquisition - Scott joined the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIBAsian Infrastructure Investment Bank ) in 2019 as Head of the Talent Acquisition function. Prior to moving to Beijing he worked in London for 13 years splitting his time between the private, ministerial government and multilateral sectors.
IFC: Rim El Zein Dimashkieh, Manager HR Programs - As the Manager for HR programs at IFCInternational Finance Corporation , Rim currently oversees all HR programmatic areas including recruitment, rewards and incentives, performance, career and talent management, corporate social responsibility, and diversity and inclusion. Prior to that to that she was the regional head of HR for IFC based in Istanbul covering Middle East, Latin American and the Caribbean, Western and Central Europe. Before joining IFC in 2012, she was a senior HR manager at Deloitte Middle East, covering Middle East and North Africa. Rim holds an MBA from ESCP-EAP France and a Masters in Landscape Ecology Design and Management from Imperial College, UK.
Other experts you can network with:
- Michael Dahl, Chief Talent Management, UNFPAUnited Nations Population Fund
- Manuel Brakaj, UNVUN Volunteers
- Maria de la Luna, UN WomenUnited Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- Holger Tausch, Head Global Institutions Division, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation SDCSwiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
- Stefan Denzler, Deputy Head Multilateral Cooperation, State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECOState Secretariat for Economic Affairs