How to land a consultancy
Building a network and maintaining valuable contacts is crucial to finding consultancy opportunities.
- Conduct research about the IFIInternational Financial Institution 's functioning and operations, identify people in charge of interesting projects, and get in touch with them
- Attend career fairs and networking events, pass your CV on to relevant contacts, and make sure to include these as references in your application
- Follow and contribute to thematic discussions on social media, particularly LinkedIn
- If you are Swiss, check out the various support services that cinfo can offer you
- Regularly screen and apply for consultancies advertised online
- If applicable, register on the IFI's consultant database and keep your profile up-to-date
- If you are invited for an interview, register for an Interview Preparation session
- Once you are hired as a consultant, keep expanding your network and continue to look out for opportunities
It is important to remember that IFI employees rely on their own network – so stay confident!