As a Junior Professional Officer (JPO), who is my employer? The Swiss government or the multilateral organisation I work with?

In a nutshell

  • Your employer is the UN organisation or the IFIInternational Financial Institution you work with. 
  • You become a staff member of the organisation and you report to the organisation only.
  • Your personnel costs are billed to the Swiss Confederation, hence your position is subsidised by the Confederation. This is your only official link to the Swiss government.

Other questions

Read more

Visit the Swiss JPO portal and find all current JPOJunior Professional Officer vacancies.

Browse by organisation

Swiss JPOJunior Professional Officer positions are advertised for the following organisations:

  • EBRD (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development)
  • IFAD (International Fund for Agricultural Development)
  • OHCHR (Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights)
  • UNAIDS (Joint UN Programme on HIV/AIDS)
  • UNDP (UN Development Programme)
  • UNFPA (UN Population Fund) 
  • UNHCR (UN Refugee Agency)  
  • UNICEF (UN Children's Fund)  
  • UN OCHA (UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs)
  • UNRWA (UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East)
  • UN Women (UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women)
  • WFP (World Food Programme)
  • WHO (World Health Organization)
  • WB and IFC (World Bank and International Finance Corporation)

Current vacancies

0 open positions at the moment.

Condividi questa pagina