Where Swiss working in multilateral organisations get support and meet to network
Are you a Swiss national working for a multilateral organisation, seeking to advance your career and connect with peers and the Swiss Confederation? cinfo offers a unique space for addressing your needs, networking and getting career and application support.
Explore career and personal development prospects, get support for promotions and job applications and connect with other Swiss nationals in multilateral organisations, as well as with the Swiss Confederation.
Do you want to connect with other Swiss professionals at the UN and in development banks, and with Swiss government representatives who work on multilateral affairs?
- Connect with Swiss professionals in the UN, development banks, and Swiss government representatives working in multilateral affairs by joining the Community of Swiss in Multilateral Organisations. Gain access to the Swiss in Multilateral Organisations List and connect with peers in the UN and IFI system.
- To join the community, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first name, last name, organisation, position, and professional email address. By registering, you'll be available to Swiss peers and the Swiss Confederation, connect with Swiss colleagues, receive monthly newsletters, and stay informed about on-site or virtual get-togethers.
- If you change jobs or duty stations, please register again with your updated information, and we'll remove your previous entry within a few days.
- Join our online LinkedIn group Swiss with Multilaterals where you can learn about each other and get in touch at any time.
- WomIN+ (Partner service)
Connect with Swiss who identify as women working in multilateral organisations. Contact WomINplus@gmail.com if you would like to join the community.
- Join cinfo’s online events throughout the year or physical events organised during our annual missions to Geneva, New York and Rome.
- Meet with our HR partners in our "Behind the Scenes" event series. Some events are webinars, others take place in Switzerland or in the countries where the multilateral organisations are based.
- And do not miss the Forum cinfo, the Swiss event on work and careers in international cooperation.
- Would you like to discuss a specific topic or have a speaker in mind (from the UN System or Development Banks or Swiss Confederation) and would like us to organize an event with the Swiss in multilateral organisations community (or a sub-group of it)? Get in touch and share your ideas with us.
Make your profile available to cinfo & the Swiss government
- On behalf of SDC and SECO, we regularly source Swiss talent for specific positions in our 20 multilateral partner organisations at mid to senior levels.
- Get on our radar and join our talent pool by uploading your CV in just a few clicks.
- Receive automated notifications of job vacancies in multilateral organisations that match your profile.
Get application and promotion support
- Stand out from the competition with our Job Application Support to improve your application documents.
- For upcoming interviews, upload the job vacancy and your application to your cinfoPoste Talent Pool profile and contact email@example.com. We'll inform our partners and the Swiss Government.
- Get interview preparation assistance, including mock interviews, when you interview with cinfo's 20 focus organisations. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
- If you interview with other organizations, send a PDF copy of your application and vacancy to the relevant desk at the Swiss Confederation. If you're unsure which desk to contact, send the documents to email@example.com, and they will forward it accordingly.
- Our career advisors provide support throughout your professional journey in international cooperation. We address your unique situation, questions, and needs, considering both your professional and personal life. Our coaches assist you in making decisions and overcoming work-related obstacles or challenges.
- More information and booking
- Some considerations on social security provides you with information and advice regarding the social security of Swiss in multilateral organisations.
- Each situation is different however and you may want to discuss your individual situation directly with the expert Soliswiss.
- We offer a discount on the yearly Soliswiss membership to Swiss citizens working in multilateral organisations, allowing you to benefit from a number of free individual counselling sessions: To register go to “Soliswiss Membership” and choose the option “Membership with Club & Company affiliation”. Add “cinfo” under “company/club”.
Our 12 focus UN organisations
cinfo provides specific support for applications to the following UN organisations.
- International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
- United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)
- The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)
- The United Nations Development Coordination Office and Resident Coordinator System (UNDCO / RCS)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
- United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)
- World Food Programme (WFP)
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
Our 8 focus development banks
cinfo provides specific support for applications to the following international financial institutions:
Why go through cinfo
As a member state of the UN and a stakeholder in development banks, the Swiss Confederation is striving to increase the presence of Swiss professionals in various multilateral organisations. cinfo, the Swiss centre of excellence for careers in international cooperation, has been mandated by the SDC and SECO to support the recruitment, retention and career development of Swiss nationals in 19 focus multilateral organisations.
In addition to mobilising external Swiss talent who want to join multilateral organisations, our HR Advisors are committed to support the retention of Swissprofessionals who are already working for the multilateral system. Through cinfo, you become part of an extensive network of professionals and experts, and can harness this potential at any time.
But most importantly, cinfo represents a neutral agency for me to discuss career considerations. I wouldn't know what other Swiss institution could provide me with that kind of support.
How can you make your application documents stand out?
In cinfo’s job application support, our coaches review your application from a recruiter’s perspective, and provide advice on how to improve your CV, P11 or other online form and motivation letter.
How can you get your application and situation flagged?
When you have applied to one of cinfo’s focus multilateral organisations, let us know by sending a copy of your application and the job description to firstname.lastname@example.org. To support your visibility, we flag applications that meet the criteria listed in the job description to our partners in the federal administration and the employer’s HR department.
If you are currently working for one of our focus multilateral organisations, we support your career development and retention. Let us know about your situation and we can discuss your perspectives with your HR department.
Invited to an interview or assessment centre? cinfo can help you prepare.
Register for an interview or assessment centre preparation with one of our coaches. You will rehearse, receive feedback and get useful information for your upcoming interview.
If you interview with one of our focus multilateral organisations, we offer this service free of charge.
Are you at a crossroads, needing to make a quick decision or facing personal challenges related to your career?
Address your individual situation, your questions and needs at a career session with one of our coaches. Examples of topics:
- Decision making regarding job offers, relocation or repatriation, dual careers, etc.
- Your skills and potential
- Your career goals and strategies for achieving them
How can you keep up to date with the latest job opportunities in multilateral organisations?
Create your profile on the cinfoPoste job portal. You will be added to our talent pool and receive notifications of new opportunities. Many vacancies in our focus multilateral organisations are advertised on cinfoPoste. For certain jobs, where we actively source suitable candidates, you may be contacted directly by our recruiters.
Report from Swiss staff on how to strengthen Swiss presence in the UN
Swiss UN staff compiled this report in 2016 providing recommendations regarding possible areas of improvement. If you are a Swiss national working at the UN and wish to get a copy, get in touch.
Ask for a copy
Latest portraits of Swiss professionals working with multilateral organisations
Matthias Hedinger, a Principal Investment Officer at the International Finance Corporation (IFC), tells us about his...
Adrian Mattmann (34) is a Digital Financial Services Specialist for the International Finance Corporation in Nairobi. We...